US GIS organisation URISA is to offer its GIS Leadership Academy twice in 2017. Participants at the academies – which will be held in San Diego, California, between April 3-7, and in Providence, Rhode Island, between July 24-28 – learn:
• GIS leadership and management techniques
• Strategic planning
• Successful team development
• Organisational capacity building and sustainability strategies (ROI, innovative funding ideas)
• GIS programme investment and justification
• Change management
• Situation assessment and organisational performance evaluation
• Ethics and professional challenges
• Problem solving.
The academy is taught by proven leaders in the profession. Each course includes numerous interactive exercises, team-building tools and opportunities to delve into topics in a way you cannot do at a large conference.
For more information, visit: www.urisa.org/education-events/urisa-leadership-academy/