The Summit is held with the official support of national power utility Elektroprivreda Srbije. EPS is the owner of major part of generating capacities in the country. It also operates numerous investment projects including overhaul of Djerdap 1, 2 HPPs and modernisation of Zvornik HPP.
Learn more about hydropower projects in Serbia and Balkans
Advantages of investing in hydropower in Serbia:
- Serbia has the highest installed hydropower capacity in South-Eastern Europe: current installed capacity is totalling 2,835 MW;
- In Serbia’s energy mix 21,2% is covered by hydropower plants where 2831 MW is installed hydropower capacity;
- 29% of the total electricity produced in Serbia is generated from hydro;
- 500 million euros will be invested in modernisation of hydropower plants by 2025 to prolong their service life for the next 30 years;
- Serbia plans to install 438 MW of new hydropower capacities in order to achieve the energy target to cover 27% of its gross final energy consumption through the use of RE. Still and all unharnessed hydropower capacity is about 7000 GWh;
- 39 small HPPs with 49MW total capacity are now under operation in Serbia. Moreover, 856 potential locations for SHPPs were identified in Serbia;
- In Serbia the most promising big, medium and small investment projects are located, including construction of 3 hydropower plants on the upper Drina river, construction of SHPP Celije and SHPP Rovni, overhaul of Djerdap 1, 2 HPPs and many other.
One of the investment projects from Serbia:
OVERHAUL OF DJERDAP 1, 2 HPPS
At the end of 2017, EP S announced its intention to overhaul 10 units of HPP Äerdap 2 over 10 years, to help ex tend the plant ’s lifespan and boost its capacity by 50 MW. EPS and Siloviye Mashiny are cooperating on the overhaul of HPP Äerdap 1. The overhaul began in 2009. In Jul y 2018, the t wo companies signed a contract on the modernization of the A2 and A3 units in or der to complete the revitalization of the entire HPP in 2021.
This and other investment projects will be discussed at Hydropower Balkans 2019. It is a professional platform, bringing together chief ministers, major investors, decision-makers of power utilities, leading hydropower plants, project initiators, regulators, with the aim to consolidate efforts focused on efficient development of key projects for construction and modernisation of HPPs across the Balkan region.
Contact person: Olga Zhogal, Forum Director
Email: [email protected]
Tel. +44 207 394 3090
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter