The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) announces its participation in the EU-funded Geospatially Enabled Ecosystem for Europe (GeoE3) project.
The three-year project, part of the Connecting Europe Facility, has the following goals:
- Better access and interoperability of Geospatial data and other data.
- Usability of metadata information – e.g. dashboards.
- Integration with other data (e.g. statistics, weather data).
- Accessibility through the European Data Portal (via DCAT.AP).
- Dynamic harmonisation of geospatial data based on use cases and new APIs, including the OGC APIs.
- Example Cloud Platform that will demonstrate use cases and will be used for national platform implementations through different APIs and tools.
- Build an ecosystem based on national platforms.
- Supported through eLearning videos and Innovation events.
The project began earlier this month with 12 partners from across Europe:
- National Land Survey of Finland
- Finnish Meteorological Institute
- Statistics Finland
- Spatineo, Finland
- Norwegian Mapping Authority
- Cadastre, Land Registry and Mapping Agency, The Netherlands
- Centro Nacional De Información Geográfica, Spain
- Estonian Land Board
- Information Technology Center of the Ministry of the Environment, Estonia
- Aventi Intelligent Communication, Norway
- Direccion General Del Catastro, Spain
- The Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
The OGC Innovation Program is excited to be part of this important project, and will present an overview at the next OGC Member Meeting in December 2020.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter