Hallowell, Maine – April 4, 2019 - Blue Marble Geographics (bluemarblegeo.com) is pleased to announce that a new version of the Global Mapper Software Development Kit (SDK) is now available, providing software engineers with the means to embed the latest geospatial technology into their custom applications. Version 20.1 incorporates many of the functional upgrades that were introduced in the recent release of the desktop version of the software.
For over twenty-five years, Blue Marble's affordable, user-friendly GIS software has been meeting the needs of hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers throughout the world. Users come from all industries including software, oil and gas, mining, civil engineering, surveying, and technology companies, as well as government departments and academic institutions.
Global Mapper is an affordable and easy-to-use GIS application capable of displaying, converting, and analyzing virtually any type of geospatial data. The Global Mapper SDK and accompanying LiDAR Module SDK provide software developers with a toolkit for accessing much of this functionality from within an existing or custom-built application. The SDK also enables the creation of custom toolbars and extensions to enhance the data processing and analysis functionality of the standard version of Global Mapper. This capability allows in-house developers to create a unique version of the application to meet their specific needs or for software companies to build custom products for commercial distribution.
The highlights of the latest version of the SDK include:
- A new function to allow querying of elevation from a specific list of elevation layers
- Significant speed improvements when working with vector data with attributes
- Faster viewshed calculation on computers with multiple cores
- Support for downloading vector features from Esri RESTful data sources
- S-52 point symbols for S-57 and S-63 marine chart files
- Updated SHIFT_LAYER script command to support shifting in the Z (elevation) direction.
- Support for several new formats including, OpenFlight and HEC-RAS raster and vector files
The supplementary LiDAR Module SDK now offers:
- The ability to select points based on their proximity to other LiDAR points and/or line features
- A new option to update the return number/count when deleting multi-return points
“Global Mapper’s reputation as a powerful geospatial data processing and analysis application is well known throughout the world and software engineers are increasingly integrating these tools into a wide variety of development projects,” stated Patrick Cunningham, Blue Marble President. "The Global Mapper SDK is unrivaled in its ease of deployment, data format support, affordability, and in its adaptability, allowing it to meet the ever-changing needs of today’s geospatial software development sector."
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter