Globalstar Europe Satellite Services, a provider of satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies, announces that SPOT Gen4™, the new generation of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger, is now available in EMEA. SPOT Gen4 offers many new features including an enhanced, more detailed mapping interface with more display options, improved product specifications for water resistance, and geofencing capability, among others.
SPOT Gen4 is the newest member of the award-winning SPOT satellite-enabled tracking and safety product portfolio. It provides users with ubiquitous reliable tracking and a vital line of communication with colleagues, friends and family, and emergency support enabled by Globalstar’s second generation satellite fleet in Low Earth Orbit (LEO).
SPOT Gen4 features include:
- Enhanced design – The new Gen4 has a sleek new look with improved grip and design features that snap in place to securely cover the Help and SOS buttons. It’s rugged, portable and includes a new multi-use carabiner and strap
- Upgraded IP68 rating – Offers increased water resistance, up to 30 minutes at two meters in water
- Motion activated tracking – SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto-send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas programmed into the SPOT Mapping interface
- Long battery life – The new Gen4 offers the longest battery life in the product category, far surpassing performance of alternative battery-powered GPS messengers
- SPOT Mapping – Live and historical maps for the user to view or share SPOT locations over time. Optional professional-grade upgrades available to meet user-defined mapping needs
- Map layers – The user can select from several map display options with light or dark modes, by satellite, open street map or terrain
- Alerts – User-set and system-generated emergency or custom messages, such as new movement, no movement, check in and help
- Shared view enhancements – Unlimited shared views with easy interface to share a location
- Customised position icons – Ability to distinguish location points by SPOT product or user, thereby helping to optimise field and remote resource management
- Geofencing – Allows users to create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts, offering numerous benefits for organisational deployments
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter