NEWTON, MASSACHUSETTS (USA) - Caliper is excited to announce the release of a free Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) map layer for Maptitude 2018 users. This latest version includes fields with total AADT traffic count, semi-trailer truck count, single-unit truck and bus count, number of through lanes, and road classification.
Annual average daily traffic is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days. AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
- selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
- analyzing the environmental hazards of sound and pollution related to road transport
The downloaded layer can be added to any Maptitude 2018 map.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter