Esri UK announced the full programme for its upcoming annual conference on 17 May 2022, including speakers from The Met Office, Centre for Digital Built Britain, National Highways, National Trust and NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit.
After two years as a virtual event, the conference returns this year to London’s QEII Centre, showcasing innovative customer examples of GIS in action – many addressing the challenges of climate change and how to create a more sustainable world. Numerous learning and training opportunities will be on offer plus the winners of the Esri UK Customer Success Awards will be announced.
Key speakers include:
- ‘Addressing the challenges of climate change with a data-driven approach’ – Professor Jason Lowe, Head of Climate Services, Met Office
- ‘Delivering a more sustainable built environment via digital twins’ – Mark Enzer, former Head of the National Digital Twin programme, Centre for Digital Built Britain
- ‘Glaciers – what does the future hold?’ – Gemma Wadham, Professor of Glaciology at the University of Bristol and the Arctic University of Norway
- ‘Protecting the nation’s countryside and heritage’ – Huw Davies and Gareth Davies, National Trust
- ‘Driving the development of the digital road network’ – Jon Drea, National Highways
- ‘Combining health, wellbeing and environmental priorities’ – Ellie Brown, Ribble Rivers Trust
- ‘Protecting patient access to community pharmacies services’ – Cliff Mwando, Clare Scarborough and James Simpson, NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit
“After two years as a virtual event, it’s fantastic for the conference to be back in the physical world once more,” said Stuart Bonthrone, CEO of Esri UK. “Under this year’s theme of ‘building a sustainable future’, the conference is bringing together a vast number of the UK’s geospatial community, to share innovative and inspiring approaches to help make the planet a better place for future generations.”
Conference highlights include:
- 18 customer presentations focused on inspirational and transformational geospatial apps, maps and workflows
- A range of emerging approaches to building a sustainable future in the plenary presentation
- Winners of the Esri UK Customer Success Awards will be announced, with British Red Cross, Vodafone, Police Scotland and Royal Holloway University on the shortlist
- 20 technical sessions with updates on the latest Esri ArcGIS technology
- Free training sessions
- Esri UK partner exhibition area
- Two education tracks for schools and higher education, including sessions on careers in GIS and how best to teach about climate change
- A Developers Forum designed to give developers the knowhow to build innovative custom applications
For the full agenda and registration please visit this link.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter