AAG 2019, Washington, D.C., April 3-7, 2019 — Join fellow geographers, GIS specialists, environmental scientists, and many others at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Geographers from Wednesday, April 3 - Sunday, April 7, 2019 in Washington, D.C. The meeting will feature more than 5,000 papers, posters, panels, workshops, and field trips by leading scholars, experts, and researchers.
We especially encourage you to present a poster at the upcoming meeting. Poster sessions are growing in popularity at meetings given:
- the valuable one-on-one interactions authors have with attendees,
- the opportunity to display one's research through the entirety of a session,
- the ability to showcase the visual nature and design of research in poster format,
- and the later abstract deadline for presentation procrastinators (of course)!
You can browse poster sessions and submitted poster abstracts to see the range of topics. Also, check out our poster competitions which offer more than $10,000 USD in combined prize money. These competitions are open to students and faculty alike!
- Avenza Competition for Cartographic Design
- Cultural Geography Specialty Group Poster Session Competition: Methods, Objects, Meanings, Publics
- Eurasian Environments Poster Competition
- Geography Education Poster Competition: Making Connections to The Community
- Geospatial Research Using UAS - Pix4D Poster Competition
- Innovative Applications of Esri GIS Technology Poster Competition
- Geography, GIScience and Health: Spatial Aspects of Cancer, NCDs and Health Behavior Competition
- Urban Geography Specialty Group Poster Competition
Abstracts for posters are due January 31. Poster sessions will take place during the middle of the conference on April 4, 5, and 6 in the exhibit hall, where they will be easily accessible and well attended, providing great visibility for your research, your department, and your university. The poster upload feature in the AAG abstract gallery helps bring exposure to research before, during, and after the meeting and creates a shareable link for CVs, LinkedIn, and social media.
We look forward to seeing your posters at our 2019 Washington D.C. meeting. Please contact the AAG at [email protected] with any questions.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter