The Institution of Geospatial & Remote Sensing Malaysia (IGRSM) will be organising the 10th IGRSM International Conference and Exhibition on Geospatial & Remote Sensing (IGRSM 2020) on 20-21 October 2020 at Berjaya Times Square Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The conference, with the theme Advancing Geospatial 4.0, is aimed at disseminating knowledge, and sharing expertise and experiences in geospatial sciences in all aspects of applications. It also aims to build linkages between local and international professionals in this field with industries. Further details on the conference are available at http://www.igrsm.org/igrsm2020
The organising committee of the conference especially requests for high quality submissions in areas related to geospatial science and technology. All accepted papers will be published in IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science with high visibility and indexed in, among others, ISI Web of Science (Conference Proceedings Citation Index), Scopus and EI Compendex.
Acceptance for oral / poster presentations in the conference will be based on abstract acceptance. However, only full papers that have been accepted by the reviewers will be published in the conference proceedings.
The important dates for the conference are as follows:
- New submissions (full manuscripts): 6 May 2020
- Full manuscripts finalised and payment completed: 16 June 2020
- The conference proceedings is expected to be published on the second day of the conference: 21 October 2020
- Any submissions after 6 May 2020, as well as full manuscripts that have not been finalised by 16 June 2020 will only be considered for oral / poster presentation without publication in the proceedings.
- Abstract submission to be open until 9 September 2020
- Early bird registration (10% discount) to be open until 21 September 2020
Highlights of the conference include:
Keynote presentations by:
- YBrs. Tn. Hj. Gs. Azlikamil bin Hj. Napiah, Director General, Malaysian Space Agency (MYSA): Remote Sensing’s Role in the New National Space Policy
- YBhg. Dato’ Sr. Dr. Azhari Mohamed, Director General of Survey and Mapping Malaysia, Department of Survey and Mapping Malaysia (JUPEM): Geospatially Speaking, Just Where on Earth Are We Now?
- Prof. Dr. Wataru Takeuchi, Remote Sensing of Environment and Disaster Laboratory (RSED), Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan: The Nexus Between Infrastructure and Environment
- Mdm. Baizura Alidin, Planet
- Mr. Johnny Ngo, Head of Sales Engineering APAC, Maxar, US: Maxar Legion Constellation: Empowering the New Era of Earth Imaging & Insights
- Oral and poster presentation sessions on Technology Trends, Navigation, Big Data, Forestry, Agriculture, Infrastructure & Urban Planning, Land Use / Land Cover Mapping, Disaster Management, and Environmental Monitoring
Participants are eligible to collect 4 CPD points from the Land Surveyors Board (LJT), 4 CPD points from the Institute of Landscape Architecture Malaysia (ILAM), and 3 CPD points from the Malaysian Institute of Planners (MIP).
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter