Artwork specificationsDon't miss a beat, sign up to our newsletter
SUPPLYING PRINT ARTWORK
We can only accept artwork provided in high-resolution PDF (preferred), TIFF or JPG formats. Please see below for specification details, and for help creating suitable PDFs.
PRINT ADVERT DIMENSIONS
Please check that your artwork size matches the correct ad size (shown below). Artwork will require 3mm bleed on each edge and include crop marks:
|Full Page||210W x 297H|
|Half Page - Horizontal||210W x 120H|
|Half Page - Vertical||90W x 260H|
|Third Page - Horizontal||210W x 95H|
|Third Page - Vertical||68W x 297H|
|Third Page - Square||95W x 95H|
|Quarter Page - Vertical||90W x 120H|
|Double Page Spread||420W x 297H|
PRINT ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS
- Images must be 300ppi to ensure quality reproduction
- All fonts must be embedded or converted to outlines
- Any transparency must be flattened
- CMYK only colour - do not include spot/special colours or RGB
- 3mm bleed and crop marks (in Registration) are required on full-page artworks, or artwork that extends to the trim area of the magazine (such as Third Page - Horizontal and Third Page - Vertical advert sizes)
- Keep important information at least 4mm away from the trim edge. This applies to any artwork that extends to the trim edge of the magazine, such as Full Page, Third Page - Horizontal and Third Page - Vertical advert sizes
- Minimum stroke widths should not fall below 0.25pt
- Total ink coverage must not exceed 310%. High coverages may cause set-off due to ink saturation
- In the instance where multiple page files (such as multiple-page ads, cover wraps etc.) are to be supplied, these must be supplied as separate pages and not spreads, making clear the order in which they should appear.
- In the event that the adverts are to be run in sequence, it is essential that the correct sequence is made clear.
TIFFs and JPGs
- TIFF files must be supplied at 300ppi resolution and without compression
- JPG files must be supplied at 300ppi resolution
In order to maintain quality and reliability of files, we require PDFs to conform to the PDF/X-1a settings (with high-res transparency flattening). We recommend you use the latest industry-standard production settings when producing your PDF artwork.
- If a file is supplied incorrectly, we will attempt to fix the PDF (if possible) free of charge in the first instance.
- If you continue to supply the PDF incorrectly and we are able to correct the advert, a charge of £80 will be made for the time spent in correcting the PDF.
- If changes or amendments are made to your advert it will be sent for approval and it is essential that the advert is signed-off before the advert artwork deadline.
- Please note that GeoConnexion or its suppliers take no responsibility for artwork that is supplied incorrectly.
WEB BANNER - FILE FORMATS
|TYPE||DESKTOP (Pixel)||MOBILE (Pixel)||MAX. FILE SIZE|
|Billboard||970W x 250H||450W x 225H||250kB|
|Leaderboard||728W x 90H||330W x 135H||100kB|
|Square||330W x 330H||330W x 330H||150kB|
NEWSLETTER - BANNER
|Billboard||560W x 140H||250kB|
|Rectangle||260W x 130H||100kB|
Acceptable file formats are:
- Static pages: gif or jpg image files
- Animated pages: animated gif
- Maximum amount of frames: 3
NEED HELP PRODUCING YOUR ADVERT?
Our designers can also design your advert and/or make your PDF. Please get in touch for further information.
Contact us if you require any further information: EMAIL US | Telephone: +44 (0)1223 279 151