URISA's GIS Hall of Fame honors persons and organizations that have made significant and original contributions to the development and application of GIS concepts, tools, or resources, or to the GIS profession.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and Professor Peter Burrough will be officially recognized during GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs, California this October.
URISA’s Hall of Fame laureates include:
- 2005 Inductees: Edgar Horwood, Ian McHarg, Roger Tomlinson, Jack Dangermond, Nancy Tosta, and the Harvard Lab
- 2006 Inductee: Gary Hunter
- 2007 Inductees: Don Cooke and Michael Goodchild
- 2009 Inductees: Will Craig and Carl Reed
- 2010 Inductee: C. Dana Tomlin
- 2011 Inductees: William Huxhold and Barry Wellar
- 2012 Inductees: National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Natural Resources Canada, Statistics Canada, United States Census Bureau and United States Geological Survey
- 2014 Inductee: Charles Croner
- 2016 Inductees: Alex Miller, Mark Monmonier and Waldo Tobler
- 2018 Inductees: Peter Burrough and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
Visit URISA's GIS Hall of Fame to learn about the path-breaking accomplishments of all inductees.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter