UAVOS has performed a series of successful flight trials with High Altitude Pseudo Satellite (HAPS) ApusDuo testing the unique control system.
Test flights for the ApusDuo programme confirmed that UAVOS’s type of control allows aircraft with a large wing elongation to fly in unstable atmospheric conditions. The ApusDuo aircraft successfully copes with turbulence, actively changing the bend of the wings.
In general, the total flight time of UAVOS solar powered test aircraft is more than 1000 hours. Test flights took place at an altitude of up to 62 feet (19,000 m).
What makes UAVOS's control system different from its competitors?
1. UAVOS’s unique control system does not require the installation of wing mechanization which results in:
• significantly reducing the weight of the aircraft by 30% or more
• improving reliability
• greatly simplifying the production of the wing therefore reducing the manufacturing costs.
2. The new control system is able to make record-breaking high elongation wings with high aerodynamic characteristics. This makes it possible to significantly expand the range of the non-stop application of ApusDuo.
3. This type of control allows aircraft with a large wing elongation to fly in adverse weather conditions. Landing and take-off of HAPS ApusDuo does not require airfield equipment.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter