Sydney, Australia, 3rd April 2018 --- Australian technology company KlauGeomatics has announced the launch of the KlauPPK kits in Japan with a partnership with Skylink to distribute to the Japanese surveying, engineering and construction markets.
The KlauPPK technology enables users to create highly accurate, reliable and repeatable mapping data, without ground control points, transforming the capabilities of drones for construction, infrastructure, mining, telecommunications and other sectors.
SkyLink, the leading DJI distributor in Japan, will be importing and supporting the system for Japanese customers. They have independently verified the accuracy of KlauPPK on various DJI drones carrying cameras from DJI, Sony and Phase One.
“Drones can fly over a project area to collect data in minutes. However, we had to spend hours putting ground control points across the site. Now with the KlauPPK system there is a simple solution that plugs onto our drones and provides superior mapping accuracy without spending as much time in the field.” said Dr. Kazuo Watanabe of Skylink.
“A test site was surveyed accurately by qualified surveyors with survey grade total stations. Then a DJI Inspire2 drone equipped with the KlauPPK kit captured data at a 10mm ground sampling distance. The Klau Geomatics post processing software geo-tagged the images in our local Japanese coordinate system and geoid model. We achieved better than 30mm accuracy in XYZ from photogrammetric processing without using any ground control points”, added Dr. Watanabe.
“We are delivering the world’s most accurate PPK positioning product to the drone surveying industry. Drone data is now highly accurate and relevant, in the user’s local coordinate system, thanks to our innovative technology”, said Rob Klau, director of Klau Geomatics.
KlauPPK’s key features include:
- Best in class Novatel OEM7 GNSS board (555 channels L1/L2/L5 all-constellation) as its positioning brain.
- Custom designed post processing software for geotagging photos, handling coordinate systems (local site or worldwide), datum transformations and geoid models.
- A single kit can be mounted and used on various drone platforms
- Calibrated metric aerial cameras for DJI drones
- Ready to fly systems including the drone
- OEM integration for custom drones
- Functional on handheld devices and manned aircraft
- Optional cloud based photo-to-3D processing, project delivery and data management
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter