Hexagon's Asset Lifecycle Intelligence division announced the release of PV Elite 26, the latest version of its pressure vessel analysis software.
PV Elite, which turns 30 this year, is the comprehensive solution for the design, analysis and evaluation of vessels and heat exchangers. It also provides capabilities for evaluating and re-rating existing vessels, including Fitness for Service analysis.
Application areas include chemical, equipment, food and beverage, offshore, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, piping, power, process and plant design, shipbuilding and water treatment.
Key new features and advancements:
- 2D/3D visual enhancements, including a new flat, rotatable 2D/3D drawing view augmented with a dynamic bill of materials
- Improved material selection, with simplified access to favorite and pinned materials, and materials database search
- Updated engineering codes: This new version incorporates the latest ASME and EN standards and rectangular vessel thickness.
- Detailed Fatigue Analysis: EN 13445 Section 18 — Detailed assessment of fatigue life provides enhanced capabilities for fatigue analysis of each part of the pressure vessel.
- Dynamic dimensions in output reports: Reports now provide dynamic diagrams to understand the geometry of an element, such as a nozzle or heat exchanger.
- New connection types, with support for full-face flanges, rectangular flanges, clamp connections and O-ring flanges.
Kristin Coyle, PV Elite Product Owner, Hexagon, said, “Modeling a pressure vessel can be a tedious and time-consuming task. Streamlining this process is at the core of PV Elite’s latest update. Drawing directly from user feedback, this iteration focuses on helping our users get work done faster, making it easy to verify inputs and ensuring that their vessel meets requirements. It means that our users have more time to optimize their designs and cultivate their competitive advantage.”
Maximilian Stechhammer, Head of Sales & Marketing, Hering AG, said, “PV Elite has helped us save time and money. We have reduced our engineering and calculation costs by 30%. We have also kept our quality level high, as PV Elite is an excellent tool for designing and validating our products.”
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter