Fugro announced it has reached a binding agreement for the acquisition of the remaining shares in SEA-KIT International, a long-standing partner in the development of hi-tech uncrewed surface vessels (USVs) for low carbon emission maritime operations and research.
For several years, Fugro and SEA-KIT have collaborated closely to push the boundaries of USV technology, achieving numerous breakthroughs and milestones along the way, including:
- Delivery of the first commercially available remotely operated USV and electric powered remotely operated vehicle (ROV) combi solution to the offshore asset inspection and monitoring market;
- Approvals from various authorities in Europe, Middle East and Australia to operate the jointly developed USV and ROV combi solution through a global network of remote operations centres;
- Delivery of five Fugro Blue Essence 12 metre USVs spread across all key regions;
- Completing the world’s first fully remote inspection of offshore wind farm assets carried out by an USV and integrated ROV;
- Winning multiple awards globally for our innovations contributing to safer, faster and more sustainable offshore operations.
The transaction is expected to be completed before the end of 2023, subject to customary closing conditions. SEA-KIT will continue to provide clients with high-quality USV products for cost-effective operations with enhanced safety and significantly reduced carbon emissions. New advancements to look forward to in the wake of this acquisition includes the launch of the next generation of USVs, the Blue Eclipse® 18 metre USV specially designed for fast pipeline and deep-water asset inspection activities, as well as a zero-emissions hydrogen-powered USV.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter