We wish to remind you that the Call for Papers for the FIG Working Week 2017 is still open.
The deadline for peer review paper is 1 October 2016. The peer review process seeks to advance knowledge and practice in all areas of surveying by publishing high-quality and evidence-based research.
The overall theme of the Working Week is “Surveying the world of tomorrow – From digitalisation to augmented reality”. We have been witnessing the first beginning of a development leading towards services which not only describe the visible world around us but also simultaneously bring up other information connected to our place of interest. One step is to become digitalized and to use the digital information; the next step is to combine information and be able to collect the data intelligently and to take further steps into the intelligent use of digital information. The theme was chosen to highlight the opportunities and open a view into a future where the large amount of information we produce is, again, put into a more efficient use.
One of the important and unique features of FIG is its capability to cover the entire spectrum of the surveying profession reflected by the range of the FIG ten technical commissions.
- Professional Standards and Practice – FIG Commission 1
- Professional Education – FIG Commission 2
- Spatial Information Management – FIG Commission 3
- Hydrography – FIG Commission 4
- Positioning and Measurement – FIG Commission 5
- Engineering Surveys – FIG Commission 6
- Cadastre and Land Management – FIG Commission 7
- Spatial Planning and Development – FIG Commission 8
- Valuation and the Management of Real Estate – FIG Commission 9
- Construction Economics and Management – FIG Commission 10
The deadline for submission of abstracts and full papers for peer review is 1 October 2016 and abstracts for non-peer-review is 15 November 2016.
To read more about FIG Working Week 2017 and abstract submission, visit www.fig.net/fig2017
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter