SAN JOSE, Calif. & COPS West 2018, September 17, 2018 – DT Research, the leading designer and manufacturer of purpose-built computing solutions for vertical markets, today announced the DT372AP-TR Rugged RTK Tablet, a lightweight military-grade tablet that is purpose-built with Real Time Kinematic (RTK) used to enhance the precision of position data derived from satellite-based positioning systems. This unique tablet enables 3D Point Cloud creation with centimeter-level accuracy – meeting the high standards required for scientific-grade evidence in court.
The DT372AP-TR RTK tablet is military-grade with an IP65 rating, yet lightweight - offering the versatility to be used in the field, office and vehicles. A dual frequency GNSS module is built into the tablet, which uses real-time reference points within 1 – 2-centimeter accuracy to position 3D point clouds created from aerial photogrammetry, using GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO satellites. Users can measure with the RTK GNSS positioning directly using an external antenna for better survey grade precision.
“We designed a more compact tablet that still offers all the functionality of a rugged RTK tablet, to give ultra-mobility to law enforcement and first responders who are already weighed down with heavy equipment,” said Daw Tsai Sc.D., president of DT Research. “With programmable side buttons and directional pad, this tablet combines ease of use with a small form factor and centimeter level accuracy, there is nothing in the market now in the same category that can offer this combination.”
The DT372AP-TR RTK tablet is compatible with existing survey and GIS software for mapping applications and brings together the advanced workflow for data capture, accurate positioning, and data transmitting. The tablet can be used in a variety of scenarios, including:
Forensic Mapping – Public safety teams, investigators and crash reconstructionists can use the DT372AP-TR RTK Tablet to accurately collect measurements that are scientifically and legally defensible by using the real-time centimeter reference points to position 3D point clouds created from aerial photogrammetry or take stand-alone measurements. By using a DT372AP-TR with a drone for crime and crash scene investigation, cost goes down while accuracy and speed improve, helping to clear areas faster thereby improving overall public safety.
Land Surveying – Surveyors can use the DT372AP-TR RTK tablet to measure the altitudes, angles and distances on the land surface so that they can be accurately plotted on a map to determine property boundaries, construction layout and mapmaking.
e-Construction – Construction workers can manage the collection, review, approval and distribution of highway construction contract documents in a paperless environment using the DT372AP-TR RTK tablet.
The DT372AP-TR RTK Tablet has been purpose-built for precision mapping in a variety of environments and includes the following features and capabilities:
- Dual Frequency GNSS Module – GNSS L1 & L2 RTK that receives GPS, GLONAS, GALILEO, BEIDOU and QZSS signals up to 372 channels
- High Performance CPU and Windows OS – Intel® Pentium processor with Microsoft Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise with 8 GB of RAM.
- Brilliant Sunlight-readable Display – A 7 inch LED-backlight, high-brightness (800 nits) sunlight-readable screen with capacitive touch and 1280 x 800 resolution.
- Superior Wireless Connectivity – Long Range Class 1 Bluetooth option powers connectivity up to 1,000 feet
- Mobile Broadband option – For ideal field connectivity, there is an option for 4G mobile broadband for LTE, HESPA+, GMS/GPRS/EDGE, EV-DO, Rev A and 1xRTT
- Military Standards – For use in harsh environments, the tablet is fully ruggedized to meet the highest durability standards with an IP65 rating, MIL-STD-810G for vibration and shock resistance and MIL-STD-461F for EMI and EMC tolerance.
- High Capacity Hot-Swappable Battery Pack – Delivers 60 or 90 watts for up to 15 hours of continuous mobile communications.
- Camera option – The optional back camera offers 5 megapixels, CMOS sensor, and auto focus to capture project progress or record crash and crime scene details.
- Accessories - The DT372AP-TR Rugged RTK Tablet is complemented by a variety of accessories, including: external antennas, pole mount cradles, battery charging kits, and digital pens.
The DT372AP-TR RTK Tablet is available in October from DT Research’s authorized resellers and partners.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter