On November 15th at the Business Design Centre in London, the Cyber Security Summit & Expo the UK’s leading one day event dedicated to cyber security in both the public and private sectors returns for its 9th year. Aside from the dedicated Cyber Security Summit, the event also features the Data Protection Summit focussing on the impact of GDPR as well as providing an essential update on the latest legislation. This is complimented by a series of free-to-attend conference streams on the exhibition floor that will take the delegate through a journey from an initial cyber breach thorough to the recovery and how a future cyber-attack can be prevented.
The event will build on last year’s new expo centric format by delivering industry inspired content from household names in both the private and public sectors. These include Will Smart CIO of NHS England and Pascal Hetzscholdt, Director of Content and Protection for Europe and Africa at 21st Century Fox as well as key insight from leading technology providers. Balancing technical discussions with real life case studies and keynotes from leading organisations the Cyber Security Summit & Expo will provide clarity for those looking to understand the multitude of threats posed today.
Both the Cyber Security and Data Protection Summit are designed for C suite and director level professionals as well as those looking for advice and case studies on the latest cyber threats and data protection issues. The Cyber Security Summit itself will feature a plethora of organisations from both the public and private sectors. Organisations on this stage in addition to the NHS and 21st Century Fox include; NCSC, the FCA, Health and Safety Executive (HSE), the United Nations and more. The Data Protection Summit also offers a stellar speaker line up with presentations from organisations such as the ICO, DEFRA, Mastercard, Privacy International, techUK, The Trainline and more. Tickets are priced at £599 for the private sector and £399 for the public sector.
The 3 free-to-attend ‘Industry Stages’ the “breach”, the “recovery” and the “prevention” showcase organisations including the likes of AIG, JustGiving, NHS, Innovate UK, the Austrian Government, Nielsen Ratings and many more.
EXPERT SPEAKERS ALREADY CONFIRMED INCLUDE:
- Senior representative, National Cyber Security Centre
- Tom Parkhouse, Head of Nuclear Cyber Regulation, Office for Nuclear Regulation
- Peter Brown, Group Manager (Technology Policy), Information Commissioners Office
- Stephen Browning, Interim Challenge Director - Next Generation Services, Innovate UK
Technology and solution providers exhibiting at the Cyber Security Summit & Expo include providers such as; Darktrace, Egnyte, Hewlett-Packard, Lloyds Register, Performanta, Onetrust and more.
Other major features on the exhibition floor include the interactive HackChat and the CyberXchange
The exciting HackChat feature will provide visitors with stories and interviews from technology leaders, cyber security professionals and black/white-hat hackers at the forefront of cyber security today. Headlining the HackChat feature will be Cal Leeming who at 12 years old was the youngest person to be convicted of hacking) providing a live interactive demonstration of a hack with the audience. The CyberXchange will offer access to key trade bodies such as techUK, IRMS, the Cabinet Office and NCSC to ensure visitors are given the opportunity to ask the questions they need to help them protect their business.
Speaking ahead of the event Portfolio Director James Samuel states “As the ONLY event supported by HM Government and the NCSC the 9th edition of this annual collaboration of cyber security leaders, data protection officers, IT experts and technology innovators continues to be a must attend event. Amidst the number of ever-increasing cyber-attacks in both the public and private sector in this year alone there has never been a more prevalent time to meet with leading suppliers and to listen to leading experts to ensure that your organisation doesn’t become the next victim to cyber crime
To register for the summit or for your free exhibition visitor ticket, click here.
- Mike StJohn-Green, Honorary Fellow and Technical Advisor, University of Warwick - Information Security Forum – ‘The latest perspective from central government, the hacking world and regulators was great. A couple of lively panel discussions gave speakers and audience some fresh ideas on talking to the Board and how to measure security. This world changes so quickly, there is always something new to hear each year at this conference.’
- Tom Parkhouse, Superintending Inspector Head of Civil Nuclear Cyber Security Regulation, Office for Nuclear Regulation - ‘The agenda was packed with excellent opportunities for interaction on contemporary issues on the Summit conference floor, at the break-out events, and at the expo.’
- Jasvinder Pham, Information and Cyber Security Manager, High Speed 2 – ‘I really enjoyed partaking in the HackChat! It was fabulous to listen into the subsequent interviews as the selected speakers all made interesting points and showed passion for the subject matter discussed!’
Subscribe to our newsletter
Stay updated on the latest technology, innovation product arrivals and exciting offers to your inbox.Newsletter