SAE Media Group’s 17th Annual Defence Exports Conference
27-28 September 2023
ST JAMES' COURT, London, UK
Navigating the Increasingly Complex Global Defence Export Control Environment
SAE Media Group is delighted to announce its 17th annual Defence Exports conference, which will convene in 27 - 28 September 2023.
Defence Exports will return as the leading event for industry professionals and government officials around the world, dealing with defence trade compliance.
Our theme this year is Navigating the Increasingly Complex Global Defence Export Control Environment. Among the things that sets Defence Exports apart is the blend of senior government officials and industry veterans that participate as speakers and panellists. Our government speakers this year range from Sarah Heidema, Director of the U.S. State Department’s Office of Defense Trade Controls Policy, to Rosemary Pratt, Director of the UK’s Export Control Joint Unit, to Stéphane Chardon, the EU Commission’s Export Control Coordinator. And those are just a sample of the officials who will participate from major defence trade countries.
Attending Defence Exports 2023 will provide you with a wealth of fresh insights and valuable networking contacts.
Benefits of attending:
- Hear guidance on effective trade, licensing and compliance as well as the latest developments in control mechanisms and cyber security measures.
- Discover practical guidance on how to comply with ITAR and EAR controls from within and outside the U.S.
- Network with heads of international trade compliance and heads of export controls from Europe, North America and the rest of the world
SAE Media Group is delighted to have Gary Stanley, President at Global Legal Services join as our conference chair again this year!
EXPERT GOVERNMENT AND REGULATOR SPEAKERS
- Rosemary Pratt, Director of Export Controls and Sanctions, Export Control Joint Unit (ECJU), UK Department of International Trade
- Sarah Heidema, Policy Director, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), Bureau of Political-Military Affairs, US Department of State
- Eric Longnecker, Director, Office of Strategic Industries and Economic Security, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), US Department of Commerce
- Hiroshi Nishino, Director of International Affairs and Outreach Activities, Trade and Cooperation Bureau, Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry
- Stéphane Chardon, Export Control Coordinator, Directorate General for Trade, European Commission
- Racheli Chen, Director, Defence Export Control Agency (DECA), Israeli Ministry of Defence
- Ambassador Dr György Molnár, Head of Secretariat, Wassenaar Arrangement
- Charles Giacoma, Director General, European Institute for Export Compliance (EIFEC)
- Dr Roger Arthey, Chair, Export Control Board, Institute of Export and International Trade
- Confirmed Senior Representative, Export Controls Policy Division, Global Affairs Canada
EXPERT INDUSTRY SPEAKERS
- Amy Alatorre, Senior Manager, Global Trade Compliance, Oshkosh Corp.
- Lindy Davies-Myatt, Senior Director, Global Compliance, Inmarsat*
- Giampaolo Delbuono, Governance and Foreign Licensing Lead, Legal, Corporate Affairs, Compliance, Criminal Law and Anticorruption, Leonardo SpA
- Carmen Fellows, Vice President, International Trade Governance, Leonardo DRS
- Nancy Fischer, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- Susan Griffiths, Head of Export Control UK, MBDA UK Ltd
- Alexander Groba, Director Foreign Trade, MTU Aero Engines
- Gareth Heywood, Head of Government Relations, Datenna – China Intelligence Solutions
- Beth Ann Johnson, Director, International Trade Compliance, Northrop Grumman
- Suresh Joseph, Regional Export Control Manager - Africa & Middle East, Airbus
- Lonnie L. Myklebust, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Nammo A.S.
- Rosa Rosanelli, Vice President, Head of Compliance, Patria
- Brinley Salzmann, Director – Overseas & Exports, ADS Group
- Margriet de Smaele, Director Trade Compliance, Fokker Services Group
- Bill Wade, Vice President, Global Trade Compliance, L3 Harris Technologies
- Bing Xu, Chief Counsel, Global Trade Controls, Regional Head of Sanctions and Export Control – North America, and Interim Global Head of Sanctions and Export Control – Defence, Rolls-Royce North American Inc.
ITAR, EAR, ECR, OFAC, Gary Stanley, Defence Exports, Defence Trade, defence exports compliance, defence exports conference, EU commission exports, European exports controls, us export controls, dual use controls, military exports, military trade, global defence trade compliance, defence conference, SAE Media Group, cyber security, international trade compliance